About UCEP Bangladesh
Established in 1972 with the motto “Help to Learn, Skills to Earn”. UCEP Bangladesh is non-governmental organization which provides i. second chance quality education for out-of-school children ii. decent jobs to youth trough quality Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) and Skills Development and iii. higher& professional development in the TVET and Skills Development sector. It has a special focus on social inclusion and therefore gives priority to females, children and youth from poor and underprivileged families.
UCEP Bangladesh was set up by Mr. Lindsay Allan Cheyne, a New Zealander, in 1972 with the aim to support disadvantaged children and youth who were adversely affected by the cyclone of 1970 and the war of independence in 1971. He set up special accelerated education programs which allowed learners to either enter mainstream general schools after completion of their courses or for technical vocational training courses for strengthening employability and ensuring employment. From a project serving about 60 underprivileged children, the program grew into one of the best education and technical training programs, annually serving about 50,000 drop-out and out-of-school children and youth in the country.
At present UCEP Bangladesh is governed by the UCEP Bangladesh Association, comprising of 36 voluntary members of whom 7 are elected to serve as the Board of Governors (BoG) for a two years term. The management of UCEP Bangladesh is led by the Executive Director and a Senior Management Team (SMT). UCEP Bangladesh’s program is implemented by over 1000 staff through a decentralized mechanism under the guidance of Regional Management Teams (RMTs) in 8 regions of the country.
About A K Khan UCEP Private Polytechnic Institute (AKKUPPI)
A K Khan UCEP Private Polytechnic Institute (AKKUPPI) is a joint venture of UCEP Bangladesh and A K Khan Foundation. The Polytechnic Institute is situated in Kalurghat, Chattogram, that offers higher technical education to the youth residing in one of the largest industrial areas of Chattogram.Built beside a railway track (Cox’s Bazar to Chattogram), the institute is permitted to be established as a Private Polytechnic Institute by Bangladesh Technical Education Board (BTEB), run by an NGO, which is UCEP Bangladesh. AKKUPPI has applied to BTEB for launching three technologies.The vision of AKKUPPI is to become a ‘Center of Excellence in Higher Technical Education’, with emphasis on science and technology. The institute will explore technologies on Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Augmented Reality and gradually integrate these subjects in its curriculum. It is primarily to cater to the need of students desirous of pursuing technical education after the Secondary School Certiﬁcate examination. It provides the best infrastructure facilities matched by an equally competent teaching faculty and a right academic ambience to make learning a delight full experience.
- To offer value added quality technical education & excellent academic training.
- To provide state of art infrastructure with latest facilities.
- To strengthen industry-institute interaction.
- To make continual improvement in all institutional activities.
“We will empower youth by imparting quality technical education and strive to prepare students for industries with excellent technical skills”.
- Modern laboratory facilities
- Will operate in a 10-storied state-of-the-art building
- Own playground
- Dormitory facilities for male and female students and instructors
- Opportunities for job placement through industry linkage
- The learning process will be coupled with soft skills courses to enhance students’ employability skills.
- Options for international exchange program.
- Special interdisciplinary programs, such as Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences (GSAS), Design, Innovation, and Society (DIS), Minds & Machines, and Product Design and Innovation (PDI)
AKKUPPI will follow UCEP Bangladesh’s cross cutting theme of Social Inclusion. The institute will be gender friendly and create Equal Learning Opportunity for both male and female. Besides, AKKUPPI will have special focus and attention to Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and People coming from Occupational Minorities. The classroom, access, learning tools, residential facilities, common services will be designed from a ‘Inclusive’ lens.
- To produce skilled manpower in country and foreign countries.
- To provide its students with best possible practical learning.
- To establish more such polytechnic institutes in the other divisional cities of Bangladesh.
- To make one of the best polytechnic institutes in the country.
- To save its revenue for future. To subsidize the free of cost especially technical skill development training to the underprivileged communities.
- To give the learners a strong practical and theoretical learning with latest laboratory, projects and experiences and skilled instructors.
- To develop the learners technical and academic skills. Visit industries to develop the practical knowledge of its students. Provide with Wi-Fi access all through the campus. Increase new disciplines of technology and introducing E- library.